Welcome to Bear Creek Elementary!
I am proud to be starting my 6th year as the principal of Bear Creek Elementary School, and to be working with such an amazing staff and over 300 enthusiastic learners. While we have one of most beautiful elementary campuses in the United States, the real magic of Bear Creek happens within our walls. Our highly-qualified staff create student-centered classrooms built on strong relationships where all children belong and are challenged to meet their individual potential. Students truly love learning and growing at Bear Creek!
Bear Creek’s deep tradition of academic excellence and a strong community started in 1971. At our 50th Anniversary Celebration we excitedly welcomed back 40 previous staff members and multiple generations of Bear Creek students. Children and adults reminisced and shared stories about community favorites like Fall Carnival, Lip Sync, and the School Musical - events that are still occurring today!
- Our community celebrates our academic achievement and growth as demonstrated by results of students on district and state assessments. Highlights from our 2022-2023 academic data include:
- 87% of KG-3rd grade students at or above grade level in reading
- 84% of 3rd-5th grade students at or above grade level in English Language Arts on CMAS (A rank of 15th in the State of CO when compared to all other K-8 schools)
- 86% of 3rd-5th grade students at or above grade level in Mathematics on CMAS (A rank of 4th in the State of CO when compared to all other K-8 schools)
- 87% of 5th graders at or above grade level on Science on CMAS (A rank of 4th in the State of CO when compared to all other schools with 5th grade)
- The highest combined rate of growth on CMAS of all schools in the Boulder Valley School District
We credit these tremendous results to our focus on the whole child, staff use of data to inform instruction, and authentic parent partnerships. At Bear Creek, all of our students means ALL of our students.
It is my goal to ensure all students are safe and happy, learning at high levels, and feel a sense of belonging in our school community. Further, I hope to be accessible to all members of our school community. Please reach out if you’d like to talk about your child or our school.
With great pride in Bear Creek,
Tanner Dayhoff, Principal