Welcome to Bear Creek Elementary!
Bear Creek is a vibrant school where creative staff and engaged students learn and play together with the support of
parents and community. Our environment is one in which academic achievement is expected, all students are valued, and diversity is embraced. Our collective vision and shared goals unite us to work cooperatively and fuel our passion
for providing the best possible learning experience for all students. Historically we have a reputation for educational excellence and continue to make significant strides. We are proud of many of our school achievements.
Some highlights are:
- Honored with the U. S. Department of Education’s 2006 National Blue Ribbon Award
- Recognized nationally by the 2008 John L. Oberstar Award as “the school in the country with the most outstanding achievement in establishing a Safe Routes to School program”
- Recipient of the John J. Irwin Schools of Excellence Award, Spring 2001-2015
- Dedication to exceptional academic growth and achievement as demonstrated by results of students on district and state assessments
- Commitment to the whole child and to maintaining strong arts, music and athletic programs
- High parent and staff satisfaction with our school as reported by the BVSD Snapshot Survey. Annually parents and students have rated the safe-caring community, the personal attention and the academic programs very highly.
While we celebrate our recognitions, our greatest source of pride and first commitment is to our students.
I am proud to be your principal and look forward to working with the Bear Creek community to seek ways to continuously improve our school.