We are proud to offer a variety of excellent before and after school academic and enrichment activities for our students. LifelongLearning, which is part of BVSD's Community Schools Program runs many wonderful activities for students in schools across the district, many of which happen at our school! Please check the Community Board and table in our front hallway where other activities that are not sponsored by the school or Lifelong Learning are posted.
During the upcoming school year, teachers will concentrate on helping students to develop effective attitudes and dispositions towards thinking and learning. A “hands-on” approach to teaching and learning is emphasized throughout the curriculum. Our “Positive Behavior Support” (PBS) plan ,”Bear Creek ROCKS!” This stands for: R(respect) O(owning it – responsibility) C(cooperation) K(kindness) S(safety).
Special Programs and Opportunities
- Fitness Day in Physical Education
- Leadership Opportunities: Student Council (grades 3-5).
- Eco-Cycle Presentations
- Fifth Grade Outdoor Ed
- Battle of the Books
- Choir and Instrumental Music options and regular performances during the year
- School-wide participation in the National Geographic “GEO” Bee
- Participation in the BVSD Spelling Bee
- Spring Art Show
- Intramurals arranged through our PE Department
- After school clubs and classes arranged by staff and Lifelong Learning
Check out what is available. There is something for everyone!
Perry Conway Assemblies